Mural No. 6, Building Savery Library
Funds raised by Talladega College, individual contributions, a grant from the General Education Board totaling $65,000, a grant from The Harkness Foundation, sale of college land, and insurance on a barn destroyed by fire allowed for the construction of Savery Library. Construction began in September 1937, with Joseph Fletcher, a 1901 alumnus, serving as Superintendent of building and grounds and in charge of the construction. He viewed the library as his masterpiece. Talladega students furnished much of the labor, though, in a few instances, whites worked alongside blacks.